Dr. med. univ. Istvan Bern
Plastic surgery specialist
Medical studies, followed by general surgery residency in Szentes / Szeged, Hungary
1980–1986: Advanced training in the ﬁeld of plastic, reconstructive and hand surgery at the Department for Burns, Plastic and Hand Surgery in Ludwigshafen-Oggersheim. During this period, additional experience gained through numerous roles job-shadowing and continuing education trips in Germany and abroad.
1986–2005: Further training and residency in the ﬁeld of trauma surgery at the Clinic for Trauma Surgery, Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery at the Clinical Center in Konstanz as an assistant physician and, from 2003 onwards, as a senior physician. During this period, additional work in the ﬁeld of aesthetic surgery in various private clinics in Tuttlingen and Sonthofen.
Congress and workshop participation:
- Postgraduate Instructional Course of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), Sept. 15–16, 1989. Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Open Structure Rhinoplasty, November 8-10, 1991. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. The Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital. November 9-13, 1998 New York, N.Y., USA
- Rhinoplasty Symposium, June15-20 Chicago, Illinois, USA
- XVth International Symposium of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, April 12th-13th, 2003 Nizza, Frankreich
- 14th Stuttgart Course for functional and Aesthetic Rhinoplasty, Marienhospital, 29.-31. März, 2006, Stuttgart
2006 to present: freelance work in the ﬁeld of plastic-aesthetic surgery. More than 6000 ear surgeries with the stitch method (in the practice of Dr. Merck, ECS in Konstanz).
2020: Establishment of own practice Ear Correction Konstanz